Tooth Extractions – Williamsville, NY
Removing One Tooth Can Save the Rest
Obviously, keeping all of your natural teeth intact will be our top goal whenever we consider options for treating tooth decay and other oral health issues. But if the damage that has already occurred is too great, or if there’s a particularly advanced infection that threatens to spread throughout the mouth, we may need to go ahead and plan a tooth extraction, which we will make sure is performed as efficiently and comfortably as possible. Call Amherst Dental Group today to schedule an appointment if you think you need a tooth removed.
Why Choose Amherst Dental Group for Tooth Extractions?
- Dental Implants Placed In-House
- Beautiful, Customized Restorations
- Relaxing, Gentle Dental Sedation
Common Reasons for Tooth Extraction
- Tooth Decay: The most common reason to remove a tooth is tooth decay that was not treated in time. At some point, root canal therapy might not be sufficient to salvage the tooth, at which point removal is the only option.
- Gum Disease: Over time, gum disease destroys the tissues anchoring the teeth to the gums and jaw. Loose teeth may need to be extracted.
- Overcrowding: Sometimes teeth are too crowded together to be corrected with orthodontic treatment, making extraction necessary.
How Tooth Extractions Work
The area around the tooth will be numbed so that you don’t experience any pain. The next step depends on whether a simple or surgical extraction is being performed. For a simple extraction, we use a special instrument called an elevator to loosen the tooth before taking it out with forceps. A surgical extraction, on the other hand, requires us to remove a small amount of gum tissue and bone to access the tooth in question. We may also have to divide the tooth into sections in order to remove it.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Need a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned about Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Unhappy with My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed View Our Services