Straightening Smiles with Invisalign in Williamsville, NY
Many older patients wish they could achieve the straight, beautiful smile of their dreams, but they don’t want to undergo years of wearing metal braces that make them feel like a kid in junior high. Thankfully, Invisalign is a much more sophisticated and seamless alternative, and you can find it here at Amherst Dental Group in Williamsville, NY. In fact, Invisalign is transformative, replacing braces for teenagers (YES TEENAGERS!) and adults into their 70’s and 80’s (YES THIS IS TRUE!).
Dr. Barry Winnick has been a certified Invisalign practitioner for over fourteen years, in addition to his 30+ years of experience in traditional orthodontics. He’s even recently become a provider for Invisalign Teen! Simply put, there’s no one better for handling your Invisalign case, and you’ll be sure to enjoy our friendly team members and warm office atmosphere while you’re here. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation!
Clear Aligner Technology
The steps of Invisalign treatment are as follows:
- During your first visit, Dr. Winnick will determine whether or not Invisalign is the right choice for your smile.
- Our team will take detailed impressions of your smile and send them off to the Invisalign lab, where they’ll create a series of precise, personalized aligners made from clear plastic. There could be as many as 48 or as few as twelve, depending on your unique needs. Each aligner is meant to represent a different stage of your smile as the teeth are slowly moved into their ideal position.
- Patients simply need to wear each aligner for a predetermined period of time before switching to the next in the set.
- Patients will also need to attend regular check-ups at Amherst Dental Group so that Dr. Winnick can confirm that you’re making progress and there are no problems with the treatment.
- There are no uncomfortable metal wires or brackets to worry about with Invisalign – only smooth plastic that’s been designed to fit your unique smile.
- Invisalign aligners are removable, meaning that your oral hygiene routine and diet can stay the same throughout the treatment.
- The clear plastic of the aligners renders your care virtually invisible, allowing you to maintain your self-confidence.
- Unlike the traditional multiple years that metal braces can often take, most Invisalign cases are complete after around 8-18 months.
- Appointments are shorter and allow more flexibility in scheduling…no emergency appointments for broken brackets!
No Cost Monitoring
At Amherst Dental, we make it easy for you to maintain your excellent smile. Every six months at your check-up and cleaning, our doctors will monitor your retainers and retention at no additional cost! We want to make sure that you don’t lose the smile we’ve created, and regular check-ups are vital to doing that.
Without regular maintenance, teeth can move back to their original position and undo months, or even years, worth of work! At Amherst Dental, we will help you maintain that smile!
Our Amherst Dental Group Lifetime Whitening Program is included with all Invisalign Orthodontic treatment at no additional cost! You will be enrolled into our Lifetime Whitening program to make sure that your teeth are not only straight, but beautiful as well!
Important Advice Concerning Orthodontic Treatment for Teens
The picture above of white spots (decalcification) is, unfortunately, a common occurrence following orthodontic treatment with traditional braces. The cause is the failure to properly remove plaque around each brace that is on a tooth. In fact, even patients who are most meticulous at cleaning their teeth may see some white spots following treatment. Therefore, there is no escaping the fact that braces create an environment that is much more difficult to keep clean and will likely result in scarring of teeth. For generations, this was a side effect of having teeth straightened with braces.
A logical question to ask - is there an easier way to achieve straighter teeth without the decalcified scarring? There is a solution: with the worldwide advancement of clear aligner therapy, braces are rarely used for adults anymore. According to the latest data, more people are having their teeth straightened today than at any time in history. Yet how often do you see adults wearing braces? Not very often! There is a one-word answer for this phenomenon – Invisalign*, the most advanced clear aligner system in the world. Since the aligners can be removed when eating, cleaning teeth is simplified.
Now thanks to the Align Corporation*, the developer of Invisalign and the worldwide leader both in research and treatment, teenagers no longer have to solely rely on braces to have teeth straightened. Incidentally, besides being able to clean teeth, there are other enormous benefits: the obvious - no unsightly like braces, the aligners automatically function as primary supplementary or secondary mouth guards, are very compatible with playing musical instruments, appointments are not as regimented as with braces, does not cost more than traditional treatment, no dietary restrictions, and are more comfortable to wear with virtually no cutting of the tongue and cheeks from braces, which is so important for active teenagers.
In conclusion, the seven dentists in our group, combining for over 200 years of experience in dentistry, recommend that parents seek a consultation with Dr. Winnick before proceeding with traditional braces for their children.** Please note that Dr. Winnick, a certified advanced Invisalign clinician since 2002, will happily do a complimentary exam for your child.
* Please note that we do not have an ownership position in the Align Corporation, the developer of the Invisalign system.
** We do recognize that there are certain cases where regular braces need to be used in lieu of Invisalign aligners, but with continual research, clear aligners are gradually replacing traditional braces in almost every case.